I try to write something everyday, not just for you, but for me.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Typical Wednesdays

    I find that there should be a balance between power and calmness



Today is Wednesday for me that means a day full of languages such as Dutch, French and English. Learning about grammar and making listening comprehension may be a difficult task for some. But I have always seemed to be someone who enjoys languages and how they're structured. This might also be why I like to write as well. 

After a busy day at school I think sports is a great stress reliever, you (mostly) don't think all that much and just do! So wednesdays have another meaning to me: tennis practise.

I've been doing tennis for many years now, it's not that difficult of a sport. You slam a ball over a net until one person makes a mistake. Then the point goes to the winner of that rally, and this is what you do over and over again. Maybe it's the excitement of hitting the ball as hard as you can while hitting it with fine precision. or maybe it's running around and feeling exercised, somehow I just love it. 

Tennis is merely a metaphor for day to day life, you pass a ball with expectations (low or high) and receive an answer. You make quick decisions and mess up a lot. But for me Wednesdays are like a language, complex with many rules(I do live in the Netherlands, what did you think?) but at the end of the day it's fun as hell.

2 comments: