I try to write something everyday, not just for you, but for me.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Downfall of social media




Social media has become something it had never expected it to be


In this day and age it's very normal to see everyone in a bus or in train stuck to their phones. I can understand you wouldn't want to deal with other people, because you don't know them anyway. And what else should you do? read? or talk to other people!!! No way.

But this might become a problem when even with the people you care most about everyone is just looking at their phones. One big contributor of this phone addiction is social media, and more specifically instagram and snapchat. People are constantly obsessed with what other people made pictures about or what they did. And if there was a big party or something like that it's almost obligatory to make pictures throughout the evening keeping everyone up on how much fun you're having and the choose the best one and posting it on Instagram. But don't forget to tag all your friends or else they might not see it and you'll get less likes or harts or whatever.

This brings me to my second point. It feels like a contest on not only who documents their life the most and in the best way, and not only who has the most fun but who has the most likes! I really don't understand this, because even if you have a thousand followers and get hundreds of likes it's about the experience and if you felt you had fun. Not that other people are jealous because you did something cool or you got more likes even though we have the same picture posted.

But I guess the downfall of social media is nowhere near soon. First let's see if people get sick of eachother then people finally might see that calling people is the next best thing (after talking in real life of course)

P.S. I really hate the word social media, I can't explain why... I just do

No comments:

Post a Comment