I try to write something everyday, not just for you, but for me.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

PE

There is always that moment in life when you upped your expectations, but it turns out very disappointing.

I feel as if PE or physical education (which is a very strange name since you don't really learn about physical movement) is a very interesting part of western society. We get dressed in separate locker rooms. the boys enter class one by one, the girls come in as a front. At least mostly, some girls fall behind.

We are (basically) forced  to exercise for 1,5 hours, which I don't mind. It is just the setting in which we have to exercise. Usually we play common sports like soccer and hockey (which I both rather wouldn't play). Often we also do something each year like an endurance test, a shuttle run test and many more.

But not only the things we do are less fun than some exercise could be, we also sit in a 20 by 10 metre box full of sweaty children. Half of those children aren't motivated(like me), and the other half is waay too fanatic at sports.

I guess it's too much to just have sports clubs at school which we would have to sign up for. Then everyone could do what they want. But this PE class is the western way of forcing us to deal with situations we don't feel comfortable in, at least that's how I see it.

In the perfect world we all have amazing bodies,  we are smart, funny, morally correct and most of all loving. PE class help me realise that I set my expectations too high and it always disappoints me. And PE class also helps with at least more than one of the amazings things we all want in our lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment